These objects frequently take the form of loose nuts and bolts, misplaced tools (such as wrenches), and dislodged pieces of concrete. However, FOD can be virtually any type of unmanaged object, metallic or non-metallic, that may be found on airport runways, ramps, aprons, taxiways, and other aircraft operating areas (AOAs).
It is critical to understand that even seemingly harmless objects can be considered FOD. For instance, paperclips and styrofoam cups can become sucked into engines and turbines, possibly leading to equipment failure.
Buttons (from clothing)
There are several reasons why FOD prevention is so tricky:
- Lack of time - Often, it’s difficult for inspectors to cover in a timely fashion all the areas where FOD might be present. As a result, it’s all too tempting to simply skip certain spots that seem to be at low risk for harboring debris that can cause foreign object damage (FOD). The problem with this approach is that objects in seemingly “safe” locations can eventually migrate to more sensitive areas, such as a high-speed runway.
- Human oversight - Some types of foreign object debris are all too easy to overlook. Tiny metal pins, for example, can escape the notice of even an observant inspector. However, even these kinds of items are capable of causing foreign object damage.
AIRPORT FOD SWEEPERS FROM AEROSWEEP
This world-class airfield sweeper, designed to conform to military standards, offers a number of important safety features, including:
Debris Retention Blade
Keeps collected debris in place even when the truck stops or slows.Learn More
Triple Elevator Steps
Helps collect debris when the vehicle is traveling at slower speeds.Learn More
FODStop™ Barrier System
Divides the capture area into distinct zones to prevent overloading and ensure the even distribution of debris.Learn More
GroundForce™ Tow Hitch
Stabilizes the sweeper during high-speed operation.Call to Action
10 year Guarantee/Warranty
Impact resistant blade design
Headwind sweeping capability
10 year accidental damage coverage
ADVANTAGES OF FOD*BOSS ULTIMATE AIRPORT SWEEPER
- Rapid Response FOD Sweeper - It takes literally just a few minutes to connect the FOD*BOSS to your towing vehicle of choice.
- Safer - Better - Faster Sweeping - The FOD*BOSS can collect debris at a wide range of vehicle speeds, from 3 mph (5 kph) to 40 mph (65 kph).
- Tracking and Logging Capabilities - The FOD*BOSS Sweep Tracker iOS and Android App allows you to gather useful data relating to your FOD prevention efforts.
- Long-lasting Reliability - The FOD*BOSS can be expected to provide greater than 4500 miles (7000 km) of service life. It's also backed by a ten-year warranty.
- All-weather Performance -The FOD*BOSS can function effectively in dry, wet, or windy conditions, without any change in pick-up rate.
FOD*BOSS ULTIMATE AIRPORT RUNWAY SWEEPER MODELS
FOD*BOSS Ultimate Airport runway Sweeper is available in multiple models to accommodate your operational needs:
AIRPORT RUNWAY SWEEPER COST
The cost of a FOD*BOSS Airport Sweeper is a lot less than you think and when you compare the results you can expect using our revolutionary technology, you’ll be amazed at how you can achieve a safer airside or trackside environment for so little cost.
EXAMPLE AIRPORT SWEEP TIME SAVINGS POSSIBLE
Feel free to explore the links above to learn about our FOD*BOSS systems. Be sure to contact us with any additional questions or concerns you may have.